Thursday, April 29, 2010

Potting Bench

055

Second thoughts????  Do you ever have second thoughts and decide not to do something.  I have been waiting for good weather so I could repaint my potting bench.  My husband made it for me about 7 yrs ago.  He refuses to use power saws and made it all with a hand saw.  He just looked at a photo I found online and put it together for me.  He did a great job.  Last year I asked him to make some doors for it.  I tried to match the existing wood and the doors ended up looking kind of orange.  So after painting my window box to look like this.

045

I thought I would do the same with my bench.  I cleaned it off, removed all the hardware,  got out the paint and just couldn’t do it!  Instead I freshened it up and will  live with the orange.  I just wasn’t feeling the paint and I am trying to do a better job of  listening to my instincts.  I don’t enjoy working hard on a project only to be disappointed.

So here is the messy messy bench before I cleaned it.

050

Looks more like a work bench than a potting bench huh? 

 

Here it is all cleaned and ready to paint. 

052

And here it is not painted but clean and with new accessories.  Notice the new patio light.  If you haven’t seen the post about it, you can read about it  here

055

061

I used the watering can I had hung on my In The Garden sign.  I liked it better on the bench.  I added this little moss ball after I had taken a few photos and realized I didn’t like the glass tea light holder.

075

What’s a potting bench without pots???

073

I had a candle stick that I repainted and I made some more glass insulator candle holders. 

057

I wanted some green and height on the other side so I painted some dried flowers green and stuck them in the pot. 

056

Here is the paint job on the candle stick and flowers. 

053

054

This sign was from my mom’s lake house.  I thought it was very fitting for a potting bench.  I had to paint the grapevine wreath in espresso brown because it was gray from living outside.  The paint spruced it right up.

059

I found a little metal shelf at a community yard sale.  It was red and white.  I painted it Oil Rubbed Bronze and place it around the corner of the bench.

062

063 

Unfortunately, those nice doors my husband made for me are hiding a big mess.  I will have to tackle that later.  There are only so many hours in the day!!!

signature2

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails