Friday, August 27, 2010

Pine Cone Frame

IMG_3566

It’s done.  It only took 3 blisters and tons of pine cones to make my nature frame.  It is going to be part of my fall mantel decor.  This will be the first time I have changed my mantel other than for Christmas in forever.   

I started out with a gold frame that I painted dark brown and I glued small pine cones I bought from Hobby Lobby all over the frame.

IMG_3541

IMG_3543

I used one large bag and one small bag of pine cones.  I  had some left over.  The small bag had smaller pine cones in it so it was good to have a mixture to fill in gaps.

IMG_3545

The great thing about a pine cone frame is it can go from fall to winter.  It was worth the blisters and the feeling of being covered in spider webs when hot glue strings were all over me. 

Here’s a few more views.

    IMG_3562 IMG_3563

IMG_3564

It is hard to place things level on a stone fireplace.  I had to use an empty tea light container on one end of the frame to keep it level in case you are wondering why there is a round clear plastic thing on the mantel.

IMG_3555

If the rest of the mantel turns out like I hope then I will be showing it to you later. 

By the way we had two days of 70 degree weather this week.  It was so nice! 

Tracy

Linking to

Weekend Wrap Up Party @Tatertots and Jello

Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

The Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

Motivation Monday @ Be Colorful

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails