Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunglasses Case Made With a $1 Pot Holder

Recently I signed up to receive a subscription to Country Living.  I did it online and I browsed the website while I was at it.  I noticed a craft that showed how a pot holder could be made into a sunglasses case.  I needed one so I thought this would be super easy and while I had my sewing machine out I would  finish my other sewing projects.   ( I am working on them right now!)

I used a dollar tree pot holder.

IMG_3860

You get 2 for $1.  I pinned it together inside out and stitched around the edges.   Turned it right side out and stamped SHADES on it with my clear stamps and StazOn ink.

IMG_3861

My sunglasses fit into it perfectly.

IMG_3862

And now my keys won’t scratch my glasses while they are in my purse.

IMG_3866

Cute and easy huh? 

Ok enough procrastinating.  It is time to hit the sewing machine again.  I hope you all have a great day.

Tracy

Linking to

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative 

Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple

DIY Project Parade @ DIY Show Off

Under $100 Linky Party @ Beyond the Picket Fence

Dollar Store Decorating @ Someday Crafts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails