Friday, December 17, 2010

Photos For Art–One of My Favorite Things

I absolutely love using photos for art.  It is inexpensive, personal and unique.  No one else has it on their wall except maybe your relatives.  I took some photos of my son last weekend in the freezing cold.  He does look a little miserable because he doesn’t like our photo sessions and it was very cold. 

edit12

IMG_0531

IMG_0527

If you have followed me then you know I like old and rusty.  I picked the photo below to use for my art. 

IMG_0535

I ordered my print from Mpix.  Go here to check them out.  I used the metallic paper for my print and it is fabulous.  If you have never had anything printed on this paper then you MUST do it.  I can’t even explain how cool your photo will look. It has a pearlescent finish. They also have a true black and white paper that is the best way to print your b&w photos.

  Of course a photo of a photo just doesn’t do it justice but here it is framed in one of my favorite $5 matted Wal-Mart frames. 

IMG_0744

It is gloomy outside so I couldn’t get any light for my photo so sorry it is a little dark.

I put it in my bathroom to go with my other rustic things I recently made.  You can see them here, here, and here.  I like looking at my son in the mornings while I get ready for work.  It makes my day! 

Go try the Mpix metallic printing and let me know what you think.  If you order know and pick Fed Ex delivery you will have them in time for Christmas presents. 

Tracy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails