Thursday, February 24, 2011

Suitcase Makeover

I have two more suitcase makeovers to show you.  One is for the fundraiser auction and the other suitcase was my friend’s grandmother’s. 

First I will show you our girly suitcase makeover for the auction. My friend painted the suitcase in pink.  It use to be dark blue.

IMG_1391

I used my Cricut and created some stencils and then bedazzled the crown.

IMG_5246

I thought it would be perfect for a little girl’s dress up clothes. 

IMG_5249

The other makeover is for my friend to keep.

Here’s the before.

IMG_1392

She was very close to her grandmother and she loves vintage and antiques.  She spray painted the suitcase in a gray primer and I stenciled on the word “Antique”.

IMG_5230

It looked too new so I added a bit of black glaze and more on the trim. 

IMG_5237 copy

Look what a cool black and white photo it makes.

IMG_5237 bwcopy

IMG_5235antiques1

I just love it. 

Here is both of the makeovers together.

IMG_5254 copy

2011_02_23

I love a good suitcase redo.  Don’t you?  What would you do to an old suitcase?

sig

Linking to

Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home

Remodelaholic’s Anonymous @ Remodelaholics

Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots and Jello

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

Power of Paint @ Domestically Speaking

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails