Friday, May 6, 2011

Sun Flare Photography and a Reminder

Last week I mentioned that this month’s photo party will be about sun flare, sunrises or sunsets.

sunclip

  I know everyone knows what a sunrise and a sunset is, but you might not know about sun flare. 

It is the reflections and flares you get when you take a photo in direct sunlight.  I found 2 great posts that give you tips for achieving sun flare in your photos. 

The first one is Sun Flare for Beginners by The Pioneer Woman.  You can read that post here.

The other one is How to Capture Sun Flare in Photos by I Heart Faces.  You can read that one here.

I think sunsets and sunrises are beautiful and I hope that you all will link up some gorgeous photos of both or either, but I also encourage you to read the posts and challenge yourself to learn something new and also try to capture sun flare.

I have been practicing.

Last week I attempted it with some success.

IMG_9418

sunflareraw

Yesterday we went to an amusement park and I got some sun flare through the roller coaster while waiting in line.

IMG_9553 copy

IMG_9554s

I tried to capture sun flare while riding this.

skyride

I did get a cool sun photo.  I am not sure if it is considered flare or a sunset though.

sunsetting3_edited-2

Maybe it’s both?!?

Pretty cool huh?

This has nothing to do with the sun, but I love ferris wheel photos so I am throwing one in.

ferriswheel

I woke up this morning and saw the sun peeking through some trees and ran out to my backyard and took this shot.

sunrising

I really hope you all take time to try this and come join the photo party.  I can’t wait to see you there. 

sunphotoparty

sig

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails