Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Sign For A Nursery

One of my coworker’s daughter is in the process of adopting a baby.  She has had him in her care for a couple of months and he is almost 6 months old now and such a cutie.  I didn’t make it to the baby shower today, but I made her a gift I will give to her mom at work on Monday. 

I used my Cricut to make the stencil I used on my sign.  I like to use adhesive to make the stencil stick while I paint on top of it. 

IMG_0414 copy

I painted a 12x12 piece of plywood dark gray and then used a light gray for the words. 

IMG_0416 copy

I think it turned out pretty cute.  His room colors are gray and green.  I wasn’t sure how to match the green so I just used grays. 

IMG_0420 copy2

I used part of a verse from James 1:17.

IMG_0438 copy2 copy

I do think this baby is a perfect gift for them.  She has wanted a baby for a long time.

IMG_0436 copy2

I hope she likes it and it goes well in the nursery.

IMG_0440 copy2 copy

I used a saw tooth hanger that is just hammered into the wood.  I love them. 

IMG_0441 copy

So now she can hang it if she wants to.  Do you like to make gifts or do you prefer to buy them?  I love when I am able to make something special for someone.  I wish I felt like doing it more often. 

sig

Linking to

Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails